On being Unemployed

As many of you know, I recently became unemployed here in Finland. For the first time ever I have been been put on the dole and I have a few a things to say. Now I could go into my personal issue with the whole thing. For instance that I'm rather depressed about not having any work, but then again who would not be. I've noticed that almost no one is supportive and everyone just saids to get over it. I feel devalued and don't know what to do about it. People are trying to be empathetic, but they're just going about in a seriously wrong way. I need to feel that I have some sort of self-worth and I currently don't feel that way.

As so far as Finland goes, the 'system' has been so far very uncomplicated and no one has hassled me. Every Finn I speak to said this is very usual to go for some periods without work. I'm not buying it though. I'm of the mentality that I can't motivate myself without a formal structure and a paycheck from that structure. Really down about this whole thing.

Comments

Popular Posts