Life is life...

I'm just musing about life. It's pretty awesome actually. I could be like someone (who shall remain nameless) who is currently in a correctional facility (he won't be expressing himself to his 'full capability' for at least another 4 or 5 years. So ha Dr.Dre!). But, back to the point. Your life should have meaning. There are two ways to achieve this it seems. Meaning to the world (Just finished watching 'Iron Lady'), but also or more importantly meaning for oneself. I know I complain a lot or at least more than I should. I know I have my flaws and mental pains. I know a lot of things I do aren't always done to 100% or my best. Still, I feel truly blessed. This life has given me incredible amounts of joy. I would not switch places with any of you, nor would I trade any of my experiences for any amount of money. I feel satisfied with what I have achieved for the last 13 years on my own. I may be broke, but there is a certain freedom in this. My expectations are my own. No one dictates how I should feel or what I should believe or not believe.

It takes a long time to craft oneself. I'm still getting there. Even so, I think that I'm on the right path. In time I will get where I need to be. I'm not in any rush.

Comments

Joey Hester said…
One day in Australia I spent 2 or 3 hours talking with a friend about how much trouble I was having trying to figure out how to fit into the world around me. Given all that I've seen and done, all the beautiful and terrible things I'd experienced, all the pain and suffering I'd come to know, I just couldn't figure out where I was going, or what was the point of it all. I didn't feel like I was meeting my own expectations for what my life was supposed to be like when I grew up.

After listening to me ramble on and off all that time, she smiled a smile that stopped me in my tracks. I paused.

She said, "Maybe the point of it all is this."

"What?"

"This."

She sipped her cup of tea.

"Fair enough."

As I sipped mine and stared out the window, I smiled.
Maxy Max said…
i think you are on to something Joey. Thank you!

Popular Posts