Working on Contract

So it's time for a celebration of sorts. On December 1st I'll be employed again. The problem is that it's only for a 1 month contract and then its back to unemployment. This is by far my shortest contract ever. It seems the Longer I stay here the shorter the contracts gets. From 2 years, to 1 year, to 7 months and now this. Recently heard quite a cynical answer from an ex-coworker: on some level (be it conscious or unconsious) the powers that be  don't want to hire foriegners if they can avoid it. I don't share this opinion entirely, but my unemployment experience has shown me that it might not be to far off.

How the fuck are you suppossed to plan a life when this is the kind of unstable situation you have to deal with? Simple answer: you can't. But, to quote a friend who always sees the positive side of everything my situation is:  "better than a slap in the face with a wet fish". I tend to agree. That still isn't entirely comforting.

Comments

Popular Posts