Burger King in Joensuu


Someone told me last week that when something like Burger King or Star Bucks comes to a place, then we can consider it a real city. This though made me shutter in my boots. Many things could constitute that a place has come into its own as a city (people, roads, public transportation, schools, culture, museums, universities, hospitals, public art...etc.). Burger King is not one of them. If this greasy fucker ends up in your town and someone shouts- "Hey! We're a real city now!"- punch them really hard and say "Fucking stop before I really hurt you,".

Don't get me wrong, I do love this man and his sandwiches. This goes double for Taco Bell, Pizza Hut or Sonic, but they don't make the Joe into Joecity.

Can't we just bring back the City Grill? What was wrong with that? You had an awning to keep the rain off you. They were open till 4 a.m. There was a toilet right next to it. Perfect setup in my opinion.




Comments

Popular Posts