I know I mostly talk about the weather, but it has to be said...

It snows a lot here in the winter time. It would be fine and I wouldn't mind it so much if it wasn't for one thing: it's too fucking cold for it to melt! So the snow that comes down in November is still here in March or April or even May! Plus, every once and a while you get a cold day in June and , boom! You have 5 cm on the ground of frozen slippery mess. I think I've lived the last 7 years of my life in places of extreme weather only. Ireland was all green and rain and clouds and more clouds and more rain and then some sun and then fuck it lets go back to rain and clouds with some wind and flooding. Here it's cold and white and minus 20 and fuck you if want a warm day...you live too far north for that and then just to fuck with you the place only gives you 2 hours of daylight for 3 months. Then to screw with your brain more it decides "Sunset? What is that? Here! Have a day that lasts the next 3 months no matter what!" 3am or 3pm? Which is it? Who knows, who cares and fuck your internal clock. Sleep? You want sleep? Well shit on a stick! You can't have it cause their is no night time. Instead you are welcome to insomnia land while teetering precariously on the edge of having an emotional breakdown and eventually being a mental patient that needs to be placed in straight jacket and left in a padded room for the rest of your life while screaming "I like noodles. They are good". Sometimes, in between shitting yourself and trying to count to five you will reflect on Finland and say "I like snow. It's good".

Suffice it to say, I am currently teetering on such an edge. Some days I am almost at the point of tears.Fucking snow! Just stop damn it! Please (begging)!     

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey Stan,

God, your description reminds me of Vermont. Also got pretty damn cold in the DC area, but when I was a kid it sometimes seemed like there'd be snow until June, then WHAM summertime already. I don't mind a dry cold for a while but what you're talkin' about is too intense. No wonder my dad has settled down south. He said he couldn't take another snowy winter...Take care and keep dat fire goin'...
Anonymous said…
I like noodles. Here in Stockholm there were the absolute most delicious noodles at Lidl for a few weeks last autumn. And then they were gone. I'm still sad about that. Damn Lidl. Sometimes they get these transitory products and stay until they are sold out and never come again. There was this hazelnut pudding they had in 2011 that I'm still missing.

Snow is nice as a holiday visit for a few days now and then. It's pretty when it's -20 and looks like diamonds on the trees. But really the best place for living is where it's always pleasant weather....sigh.

Popular Posts