On "The Finnish Bureaucratic System"

Nothing says "Welcome to Finland" like bureaucracy . Today I learned that I am just a cog in the machine of a sad system, getting ground into dust and being forgotten about. The horror.

About a month and a half ago I decided to go change my driver's license and do a conversion to a Finnish one. Come back in about 4 weeks they said. Fine I said. I filled out my paperwork, paid 60 euros and after I left they promptly filed my paperwork. More likely than not they filed it into some drawer where it was forgotten about. I have not heard from the Police (Sting has not called me in years back he though he is supposed to be freaking stalking me!) on the status of said application. So I decided to go down personally and wait in line like a good little gerbil. Turns out they have not filed the application till this week, which means yesterday. Fucking hell! I need a freaking driver's license. Finnish English speaker lady behind thick glass (why do you have bullet proof glass at the desk/window for foreigners when all the other desk are wide open? Are you trying to imply something about foreigners?) said to wait another 4 weeks. I let out a sigh and unfortunately let her have it. "Ya, I guess I'll wait. I mean, what the fuck can I do? I mean, you took my money and now I have to fucking wait like an fucking idiot. Fuck!". I often talk like I have Tourette Syndrome when I'm upset. I will admit that I was a bit upset. Not my proudest moment. I'm sure that the police woman will remember me next time when I stop by.

Comments

Popular Posts